Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pray For Us


The VOTD was from 1 Thessalonians this morning where Paul talks about constantly thanking God and praying for the church in Thessalonica.  I know that this is something I need to do better at.  We should be praying for our families, our church, our leaders and our country as a regular part of our time with God.  All too often we get stuck on what we need, our problems or the immediate circumstances in our lives.  We forget that we have an obligation to pray for the people in the list above.

I suppose I could go off into a rant about Christians who slam the government and the leaders but I won't.  I will however, remind all the casual readers that ALL authority has been ordained (approved) by God and that He isn't blind-sides by elections, appointments or hires.   Either He is in control or He isn't (ok, I did rant a little bit).

Sometime today, take a moment to pray for your church and your leaders.  If all of us did this, who knows what blessings God would pour out.

No comments: