Thursday, February 11, 2010

Discordia


For each of us there exists a breaking point - an ultimate tragedy.  For some it might be as simple as the loss of a job or career.  For others it might be the loss of their health, a limb, vision or mobility.   Loss of a child, parent or spouse rank high on the list of possibilities for many.  No matter what it is, it exists for each of us - the ultimate loss, tragedy, breaking point.

There also exists for most (not all) a place that we define as "the bottom."  This is the place that we reach that causes us to evaluate and perhaps to change.  This place is vastly different for every person and frankly, some people never seem to reach it.  Sometimes that place is similar to a place on the list above (but if it is, it is often perceived by us as "our fault) - many times it comes up short of the "final tragedy."  For me it was realizing that I was on the very brink of losing another family.  Why does it take something like that to get our attention?  Sorry, no answers here - but I know that it does.  I had someone once tell me that it doesn't happen until your life stops working.  I suppose that is as good an answer as any.

I don't know what things need to change in your life - God only tells me my story.  I also don't know what it will take before you start to make those changes.  I DO know however, that God won't give up until you turn around and reach out to Him.

blessings on your day

No comments: