Thursday, December 10, 2009

Can you see me now?


TMI warning, if you don't want to know what is going on in our lives, skip this post.

If we haven't actually turned the corner, I can say that the corner is in sight.  It has been a long, hard road these last few years.  It started really going badly south in August with my meltdown and then imploded in mid-October when E asked me to move out.

In retrospect, that was the best thing that could have happened.  It acted as a catalyst in both our lives.  We had reached a point where God needed to tear down the existing structures before anything new could be built.  Sometimes renovation simply isn't enough - you need wholesale demolition. 

Now today, as I watch the workman start carting away the rubble that used to be "me" I am in awe of God's grace and mercy in my life.  We see many references to "the God of 2nd chances" in Christian media.  The truth is that I am somewhere into my 2nd or 3rd hundred thousandth second chance.  It is by His grace and mercy that I am still breathing - that I have a job and a family and that I have a wife that loves me.

If you are a regular reader, stay tuned for more posts chronicling this journey.  If you are a casual reader - welcome and come back soon.

No comments: