Monday, November 16, 2009

Let Me In


Something I have struggled with all my life, is letting people actually see the real me and get inside my walls.  At various times and with various people, I have come close but I have always reserved that inner core just for me.  I find that I can be transparent and authentic - to a point.  There have always been those parts of who I am that I have been afraid to open up.  There have always been parts of me that I felt were too ugly to ever see the light of day.

Lately, God has shown me (forcibly) that it simply isn't true.  He has stripped away all my walls and all my protections.   I have been left naked and bleeding for all to see.  The really interesting thing is that I haven't died as a result.  Instead, I have found people reaching out to connect with me BECAUSE of the ugliness that was exposed.

Amazing things happen when you are willing to take risks.

blessings on your day

No comments: