Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sizzling Lunch

Lunch was good. I had a chicken sandwich in a vain attempt to watch my LDL's (the bacon probably offset the meat choice). CP and I caught up on old times, talked about geek stuff and generally annoyed the people around us. He belongs to a geek-fest group that meets on alternate Thursdays to discuss topics such as Quantum tic-tac-toe, ways to decrease the cost of putting a payload in space and whether man has free will. (Some of you are going w00t! and the rest are rolling your eyes.)

I spent the rest of the afternoon training one of the other database guys to take over one of my more routine tasks (database refreshes). Tonight I will be working to get the house cleaned up for the weekend.

So how many of you went outside last night to look at the eclipse? How many knew there was an eclipse? We did the obligatory "round object, flashlight and finger" thing with NO trying to explain what was happening. Last night's episode of MythBusters was pretty cool. They took a look at all the MacGyver stunts from the old TV series. I won't tell you which ones worked, if you missed the episode try Googling it.

1 comment:

LL said...

We saw the eclipse. Ken was the first to call us outside to see it. It was very cool.