Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ships in the night

Relationships can be hard, messy and painful.  This is even more true if you are a hard-core introvert.  For me, being relational takes energy - this is not a bad thing necessarily, but it s something that plays into how I relate to people.  Right now my relationships with my kids are either broken or totally missing.  I am working 2 of them actively, trying to reconnect, repair and rebuild.  Two of them are about where they were (afaik) which isn't saying much.  The other 4 are broken - possibly for a long time.

The broken ones are the ones I dwell on the most.  I am constantly second guessing, analyzing and trying to change what is already passed.  I miss my children and that, above all else, is what I regret the most.  I have left a trail of broken relationships that spans 4 decades (or more).

No comments: