Wednesday, April 7, 2010


The team did very well last night blowing the doors off the Angels (13-4) in 5 1/2 innings.   Overall we made fewer errors and swung the bat better than we have all season.  We got a great job from one of the kids pitching which helped a lot.  Hopefully the trend will continue.  We have a practice Thursday night and another game at Buljan Friday night (5:30 start).  I promised the boy that we would shop for a catcher's mitt for him so he doesn't have to use the old, worn-out thing that the league provides.

Traffic was ugly this morning.  My morning commute took an hour (23 miles) rather than the usual 35 minutes.  It doesn't take much to snarl things during the morning (and evening) drive times.  I set up the slow cooker this morning before I left - stew beef and Indian style spices.  I used up the last of my bell peppers from last season, not sure if I will plant any this year as they did so poorly last year.

It has a been a quiet day spiritually.  Emma and I have been reading Sacred Marriage about every other night.  I highly recommend the book to any married couple - but I will warn you that it is VERY heavy stuff.  We have a number of things on our calendar for the coming months - a cruise, the Heart Change seminar, Andrew's graduation from Air Force boot camp, Emma's dad is visiting in June.  We haven't been back to PA in over 3 years so that is something we would like to find time (and money) for as well.

I may stop back in later today if any topics speak to my heart  :)   Until then, blessings on your day

No comments: