Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Frustrations


I work hard to stay calm and professional at work. Occasionally, this is more of a challenge.  Today is one of those times.

Like many companies, ours publicly espouses teamwork.  There are posters, signs and awards to slam this point home.  Yet there are those that seem to think that it doesn't apply to them.  Case in point: we are under the gun to get a system upgraded so external customers can access it and test a new software version.  There are a number of critical tasks that must be accomplished.  Some of these tasks can be done at the same time.  I made a request that one of the subsystems be upgraded WHILE I am upgrading the main system.  I spent 10 minutes arguing with the responsible party who wanted to wait until I was done before starting his piece.  In the end I told him "just do it, I don't care."  I felt like I was asking my 9 yo to clean his room yet again.

Sigh....

No comments: