Friday, March 5, 2010

Chili Time


This Sunday our congregation has to relocate as  the facility we used was booked already (we have known for quite a while).  So to make things more interesting, the church is sponsoring a chili cook-off at the church office.  I am bringing cornbread as I have never developed a decent chili recipe.  It is too bad Emma has to work this weekend.

Tomorrow night we are celebrating mom's birthday by having them over for a fancy dinner.  I got out my Julia Child cookbook and will be experimenting.  I have gotten pretty good at braising onions and sauteing 'shrooms (seems like every main dish calls for this).  Noah has a scrimmage against another team on Saturday and I head over to the eye-doctor to see about getting some sunglasses.  It will be a busy weekend for sure.

blessings :)

No comments: