Friday, February 5, 2010

90 Days


It is my 90 day "birthday" this week.  Some days it seems like yesterday, other days like an eternity.  As I look back on 90 days of sobriety I recognize that I am but a single step down the road.   As rough as it has been, I know that I am not even past the worst of it yet.  Not a day goes by that doesn't push me towards the edge of that cliff.  In the last 3 months I have developed a number of tools, attended a lot of meetings and studies and acquired some wonderful friends to help on the journey.  I have shared my story with a lot of people and there are many yet who need to hear it.

The end of my story is a long way off yet and it will be long indeed before I count myself to be fully in recovery (I have gone as long as 9 months before on my own "power" as it were).  I am looking forward to the day I get my 1 year chip to hang with the others.  I also know that my vigilance must never wane not must me determination flag.  All too often in the past I have come to be complacent and content to rest when I need to be on my feet pushing forward.   We are soldiers - warriors - in the midst of a battle.  There will be time to rest when we leave this world for the next.

It is truly one day at a time, blessings on your life

No comments: