Thursday, January 21, 2010

What's The Plan?



It is a truism that our plans are often not God's plans (in my case almost never).  I do trust however, that the plans He has are for my benefit and prosperity.  The problem that I (and most people) have is that I want the benefit and prosperity NOW!  God always takes the eternal view of things while we take the temporal (and immediate) view.   I am going to resist the urge to preach against the "name it and claim it" crowd for now even though they are, by far, the worst offending Christian group in this regard.

A lot of my life over the past 11-12 years has been a process of growing, learning and changing.  God's hand on my life can't be denied even in the midst of the wrenching pain it brings.   The problem with growth and prosperity (in the eternal prospective) is that there is a lot that needs to be torn down, dug up and remodeled in my (our) life.   Watching the work God is doing in my life currently takes a lot of courage.  There are times when focusing on the goal is all that keeps me from throwing in the towel.

"The Lord will work out his plans for my life -- for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me."  Psalm 138:8, NLT

No comments: