Friday, January 22, 2010

Sorrow



Got some very sad news today, I will wait a few days before sharing it as it isn't my story to tell.  I will, however, take the time to share some of MY story.  The short version is "God Is In Control" and this is true for ALL His children whether they like (know) it or not.  There was a point in my life that I learned this lesson VERY well.

I hid my addiction for many, many years and did so well enough that virtually no one really had any awareness of it.  I went so far as to even go to groups/studies that dealt with SA and hid it there.  Finally, in October of last year, God said "enough!"  In the space of 3 weeks (more or less), He destroyed my walls and laid me bare to the world.  The pain was extreme and there were times I was convinced I would not survive.  As time has passed, I have seen how perfect His timing was.  Today I am on the road to recovery and it would not have happened if I was in charge of the timing.  I have a long, long way to go.  Most days are filled with struggles of varying intensity and there are days I drift back into the images and memories that filled my mind for so many years.

However I have maintained "sobriety" (77 days and counting) in the area that matters the most and am working on the rest.  And yes, I will talk about it with anyone who shows even a glimmer of interest.

blessings on your day

No comments: