Monday, January 4, 2010

Not a Food/Cooking Blog



There are about a gazillion food/cooking blogs out there - this is NOT one of them.

That being said, I did try out a new recipe last night.  Emm got me the Mastering French Cooking books for Christmas and asked me to cook "something new."   So I took a shot at Coq Au Vin (page 263).   It was amazing!   Noah had 3 helpings of chicken and 2 of potatoes.  Anytime the boy asks for seconds, I know I have a success on my hands.   It did take my about 2 1/2 hours in the kitchen (constantly moving) to do it.  I think I could shave maybe an hour off that if I was more familiar with the recipe and was able to multi-task a little better.  Still, those recipes are pretty intense and tend to use a LOT of dishes.

1 comment:

Rachael Faye said...

mmm...i have always wanted to try that one. you'll have to make it next time i am up. :)