Friday, January 8, 2010

Fun @ Work



Every once in a while I can't resist the temptation to play with the bean counters.   Every company has many of the "one size fits all" rules and regulations.  Obviously there are occasions when there have to be exceptions.  Just as obviously, the "bean counters" will go to extreme lengths to deny that these exceptions exist.  I tend to be one of those employees that HR, Payroll and Accounting loathe.  I can't resist patiently and methodically demonstrating the flaws in the rules and why they are going to have to grant an exemption.  Today I took delight in pointing out that following the rules regarding time reporting to the letter would guarantee me overtime payment.  I also know that there are ways around it that the Payroll person has not considered and probably won't.

Yep, I am a stinker  :o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah Dale is having to fight for overtime too. half the time they dont give it to him, even if he works till 6. Also if you could pray for him to find a new job. we think the company is going down soon.

The Wizard said...

you bet :)