Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh Give Thanks


The topic last week at one of my sessions was "The Attitude of Gratitude."   This is something that we hear often and generally ignore.  In my life, I find it very difficult to express gratitude and thankfulness when my life feels like it is either out of control or is crashing down around me.  I look at where I am in my life and what has happened over the last few months (or few years) and wonder why I should be thankful.  And yet, if I look closely I can find so much that needs to be acknowledged.   Let me share a few of them with you:
  • After a cancer diagnosis at age 48, my screenings come back effectively cancer free 3 years later.
  • After losing a high-paying job that I hated, I am back to doing the stuff I love (albeit at a lower salary).
  • I have loving parents that took me in when I needed a place to live.
  • I have marvelous children that have come together to support and love me.
  • With all that we have been through and all the mistakes that have been made, my wife and I are fully committed to making our marriage work and are passionately in love.
blessings on your day

No comments: