Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Focus


I am working on various areas in my life all the time.  My attention today is on "focus."  I am finding that my focus has a huge impact on my day.  If my focus is constant and "healthy" my day goes well and I end feeling that I have accomplished something.  If my focus is hazy, aimless and random, I end the day feeling disorganized and anxious.  I am developing a number of methods to help with this issue including changing what is in my iTunes library, setting up specific times to pray and appending to my reading list.  I am learning that maintaining a specific focus takes a lot more work than I had anticipated.

Focusing on the things that are "fun" has always been easy.  Letting my focus drift aimlessly has always been easy.  Life isn't about "easy" and drifting is dangerous.  Moving with purpose - having direction and a plan are crucial to success.  If you don't know where you are going how can you know if you have arrived?   I have spent a great deal of my life doing just that.  It really is no surprise that I ended up on the shoals.

blessings on your day

No comments: