Thursday, December 3, 2009

Brrrrrr


It was 32 degrees out this morning and my car was covered with ice.   As I left Carmichael, it actually warmed up a few degrees - which wasn't a good thing.  As soon as the temperature rose, the fog settled it.  By the time I got to work, it was VERY thick.   It is definitely winter here - the days are shorter, the trees are barren and the fog is settling into the valley.

It can be a dreary and depressing time of the year for many.  It is easy to let the gloom, damp and chill seep into your soul.   As I listen to the Psalms of David this morning, I am struck by how often he started out gloomy and depressed but ended on a high note.  The is power in our memories and it is important to choose which ones to dwell upon.   David always chose to dwell on memories of blessings and victory.  By doing that, he avoided the trap of depression and despair.

What memories are you choosing to dwell on today?

No comments: