Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Broken Brains


Lately I have been making changes to what I "take in" through my ears and eyes.  I listen to secular music only a few hours a week (as opposed to the majority of the time) and have changed up the stuff in my reading list.  Currently I am working my way through Pure Desire (Ted Roberts), The Last Lecture and the Serenity Companion.  Oh I still read other stuff (Family Tree by Sheri Tepper and Just After Sunset by Stephen King). 
Come the 1st of the year, I will add one of my favorite daily devotionals.

Why would I do this?  Simple, it is all part of changing how I think.  We are commanded to renew our minds.  One of the guys at class last night commented that he has spent his life "trying to fix his broken brain with his broken brain."  After I stopped chuckling and started thinking about it I realized how on target he was.  Until we change how we think, we can't fix anything else in our lives.  So, I need to start going to the "mind gym" and get in shape for the coming year.

blessings on your day

No comments: