Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Melancholy Saturday


Sitting here this morning listening to some music and watching the leaves swirl in the wind.   Fall is a sad time of year for me.  Watching the leaves turn brown (California, remember?), the garden die back and the sun light get "dimmer" always seems to put me in a melancholy mood.  Add to that the fact that I am sitting in a kitchen that isn't "mine" and you see why this isn't one of my better days.

Last night Emma and I went to another session at church as we continue our journey towards healing.   Spending time in the wilderness is rarely comfortable or comforting.   It can get dreary and depressing all too quickly.  Sometimes it is hard to remember that all of this is under His control and that the timing is His (and as such is "right").  In a few moments, I think I will head out and find some place where I can sit and do a better job of focusing on what God has blessed me with in my life and stop dwelling on the things that are broken.

blessings on your day

No comments: