Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Forgiveness


One of the toughest things that I face in my life is forgiveness.  Over the years I have wounded many of those closest to me.  At the same time I have received wounds in return.   Both are very hard for me to handle.  I think part of this stems from my own struggle with grace.  As I work through my issues I have come to the realization that accepting God's grace in my life is not something that comes easily to me.   For whatever reason, I spend far too much time wallowing in the guilt of past failings and not enough time basking in the light from the cross.

It is hard to give grace and forgiveness to others when you can't accept it for yourself.  I have often heard it said that the most daunting distance that exists is the 12 inches or so between our head and our heart.   I am more than capable of writing reams on the topic of God's grace and have lead several studies on the topic.  I have encourage many to accept God's grace in their lives and have quoted volumes of scripture to them.  Yet it seems, that for all my "knowledge" I have a very hard time feeling and acting on it.

For now, I will continue the struggle and continue to pursue the feelings.  Until they come, I will embrace the knowledge and choose to walk  in the light.

blessings on your day

No comments: