Monday, June 16, 2008

Dark Tower


During lunch today, I finished Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series. Far and away the best thing he ever wrote. I am not a huge fan of the horror genre so I was skeptical of anything King wrote. I was shocked and amazed when I started these books. They are more like his Green Mile story than anything else. An epic tale of one man's quest, the story quickly sucks you in and never lets go. For any of you who enjoy westerns, SciFi or Fantasy, this series is a "must read."

2 comments:

LL said...

I've read quite a bit of Stephen King. My personal favorite is The Stand.

The Wizard said...

The The Darktower series, he manages to reference The Stand as well as a dozen or more of his other books. I liked the 1st half of The Stand better than the 2nd. The Running Man is next on my list