Tuesday, February 12, 2008

PM Shift Starts

Lots of miscellany today. E started working p.m. shift last night. We expect it will take a while for her biorhythms to adjust. She was still up bright and early this morning (unfortunately). AR and SE are stepping up to help out at home. I usually plan the dinner and one of them will start cooking it. Tonight we are having Chile Verde (I am cheating and using cans of sauce rather than pureeing my own tomatillos).

I have started reading through the bible again this year. I am managing not to get too far behind (I think I am reading 2/8 today). Starting the day in the Word is both refreshing and dangerous – refreshing because you immerse yourself in the things of God and dangerous because it will make you a target for the enemy.

I am hoping to hear from RF today. Her initial Visa request was denied. She packaged up a whole lot more documentation and submitted to the British Consulate the week before last. In theory, she should get an answer within the next few days.

Work continues to be endurable. I am enjoying NOT being a decision maker. I keep my head down and fix databases. My boss keeps digging up complex tasks to keep me occupied and handles all the administrivia. Working a standard 8 hour day is really nice as well. In the old days of IT, I rarely worked less than a 50 hour week and it was not unusual to work 70+. The company isn’t the greatest but the benefits match the industry pretty well. Some time today I need to submit my benefit changes. E’s health benefits are far cheaper than mine so we will be dropping my benefits and enrolling in hers.

Enough for now, more later :o)

Jude 1:10 But these people scoff at things they do not understand. Like unthinking animals, they do whatever their instincts tell them, and so they bring about their own destruction.

2 comments:

LL said...

Night shift is rough. Speaking of reading through the Word... what happened with the Hebrews study?

The Wizard said...

Well since our care group disbanded, there is less impetus to work on it :( I think about it from time to time. Maybe I will see where I left off.