Friday, November 12, 2010

A Little Help


Last weekend we finished up the move from the rental (Wednesday Emma cleaned the rental and returned the keys).  Aaron came up Friday night and along with Kennedy and his friend Rick helped me load up the truck with the last few (very heavy and awkward) pieces of furniture.  Aaron stayed until Sunday afternoon and installed my stereo system (speakers are mounted in the ceiling) and hung out with us.  It was great seeing him.  Aaron has been - and continues to be - a source of encouragement to me.  He has shared some of the same struggles that I deal with in my life.  The difference is that he is actively doing something about about 25 years earlier than I did.  He is an awesome man of God and I am very proud of him.

Saturday afternoon, Hannah and her BF Tyler came up as well.   I think I spent more time with Tyler last weekend than I have in total since I met him  :)  He is a really good guy and I am glad to see that he makes my daughter happy.  Sunday we all went to church together and then I made supper before they headed back south.

It was a great weekend and spending time with some of my children made it very special indeed.

No comments: