Tuesday, September 14, 2010

That's One Down


Well this morning, I put my head down and pounded on the keyboard - fighting with the system until finally I won the battle.  I have been trying to migrate (and upgrade) one of our systems for over a week now.  After several false starts and a long conversation with the tech support guy, it looks like the migration worked.   I turned over the development system to my team mate who can now go forward with his testing.

Not a huge victory perhaps, but still one to celebrate.  It hasn't been often of late that I even get the opportunity to take on a system without ending up compromising the solution in the name of expediency.  It felt good to be able to tell my boss that the issue was resolved and closed out.   Of course his response was "so you are ready for the next project?" which wasn't the one I was looking for but it works :)

No comments: