Tuesday, July 6, 2010


Today on my lunch break, I had a pretty significant "God Time."  I started out by sitting in my car and pondering how difficult things have been in our selling/buying a house process.  I could write pages enumerating our tribulations, frustrations and disappointments.  I started praying and (once again) turned it all over to God.  We always knew (and said) that God needed to be in control of the situation as it was too complex and we wanted to end up in exactly the right house as well as selling ours to the right people.

After spending a few minutes in prayer, I flipped open my Nook and loaded the NLT bible that I have been reading.  I am in the middle of Exodus right now - and the chapter I started today opened with Exodus 19 where the Lord reaffirms His covenant with Israel and promises to lead them to the Promised Land.  Within moments, I got a text message from my real estate agent telling me that the counter offer had been verbally accepted.  Less than an hour later we got a call from the housing development offering to put a "lock" on the single, remaining lot available that would have the model we wanted - at the cheapest elevation and with no lot premium (regardless of the fact that we consider it one of the more premium locations).  The picture above is of the same model elsewhere in the development.

Praises be to the One who sits on the throne!

No comments: