Friday, April 2, 2010

Plumbing


I almost forgot to comment on my evening last night.  After work we went over to Lowe's and picked up a new disposal.  As some of you may know, plumbing is about my least favorite area household repair.  I thought long and hard about paying my son-in-law to drive up here and do the job for me.

As is often the case, what the box DIDN'T say was of more importance than what it DID say.  Not included was the electrical connection.  Fortunately I was able to scavenge the cord from the old disposal and was able to cobble together a strain-relief out of spare bits I had in the garage.  I also forgot I needed plumber's putty so had to borrow that from one of the neighbor (thanks Phil).  I discovered that it takes 3 people to mount the silly thing as well.  Emma held the ring in place in the sink, Noah held the flange in place while I wrestled the snap ring onto the flange to secure it to the sink.  I have no idea how one would do this without help.

Of course I ended up scarred and bruised but I did manage to get it installed (water tight) in less than 2 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)