Friday, April 9, 2010

Marriage and the Church


The topic that we read last night in Sacred Marriage (see earlier posts) describes how marriage is the model for how Christ relates to the church.  I freely admit that this is a rather intimidating concept.  We have barely scratched the surface of the book and already I find myself challenged deeply.  I look at my own flaws and my failures in my marriage(s) and cringe to think that I am called to model Christ in my marriage and that my relationship with my wife and family should let people see Jesus.

The first real topic, reconciliation, was more than we could get through in one sitting.  We find that a few pages is all we can digest at a time.  Reconciliation is just the start and is defined by the book as "replacing enmity with goodwill."   I can see that this is going to take us a while to get through.

blessings on your day

No comments: