Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Damage vs. Damaged


I was talking to Pastor Tim last night and the topic of "damaged people" came up.  He made a point that I thought was interesting.  He cautioned me to avoid using the term damaged and suggested that I simply say that there is damage.  The difference is that to call someone damaged is to imply a degree of permanence.  It also can imply that the person is in some way defective.  Both are, of course, not true for the Christian.  Jesus provides healing for our heart and soul and only our rewards in heaven are permanently part of us.

Before I forget, we found an egg hunt for Easter for Noah.  The Ridge Church (our church) is having one after the service Sunday (yes, it would have been nice if they had publicized this :P )  Hopefully the weather is nicer than the current forecast.

Anyway, I have decided that while I have hurts and have taken damage (some caused by others and quite a lot caused by my own choices), I am not damaged.

blessings on your day

No comments: