Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Advance or Retreat?



It has been an interesting week for me.   The last week or so I have been bombarded by temptation.  It has hit in virtually every area of my life (work frustrations, addiction-related, dealing with finances, interacting with Noah, etc) and has left me feeling unstable and off balance.   Last night at my men's group, I was whining about it and the leader pointed out that I had officially moved back into the house about 2 weeks ago and did I see any possible correlation?

Doh!  Yeah, the enemy has every reason to want me to fail and no reason to see me grow, heal and mature.  I probably could have seen this coming but I didn't.  The result is that I have struggled to keep my feet under me and moving instead of reaching out for prayer, encouragement and support.  The enemy succeeded in isolating me - at least for a time.  Now that I understand what is happening, I am taking steps to counter it.

Sometimes I forget that I am in a spiritual battle and think that it is all about my personal struggles.  I drifted away from the herd and the lion almost picked me off.  Fortunately I was only scratched up a bit.

Armour up, the battle is on!

No comments: