Friday, December 4, 2009

Doctrinal Affirmation


I recognize that there is only one true and living God (Exodus 20:2-3) who exists as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and that He is worthy of all honor, praise and worship as the Creator, Sustainer, Beginning and End of all things (Revelation 4:11, 5:9-10, Isaiah 43:1, 7, 21).

I recognize Jesus Christ as the Messiah, the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us (John 1:1-14).  I believe that He came to destroy the works of Satan (1 John 3:8), that He disarmed the rulers and authorities and made a public display of them, having triumphed over them (Colossians 2:15).

I believe that God proves His love for me, because while I was still a sinner Christ died for me (Romans 5:8).   I believe that He delivered me from the domain of darkness and transferred me to His kingdom and that in Him I have redemption and the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:13-14).

I believe that I am now a child of God (1 John 3:1-3) and that I am seated with Christ in the heavenlies (Ephesians 2:6).  I believe that I was saved by the grace of God through faith, that it is a gift and not the result of any works on my part (Ephesians 2:8).

I choose to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might (Ephesians 6:10).  I put no confidence in the flesh (Philippians 3:3) for the weapons of my warfare are not of the flesh (2 Corinthians 10:4).  I put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-17) and I resolve to stand firm in my faith and resist the evil one.

I believe that Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth (Matthew 28:18) and that He is the head over all rule and authority (Colossians 2:10).  I believe that Satan and his demons are subject to me in Christ because I am a member of Christ’s body (Ephesians 1:19-23).  I therefore obey the command to resist the devil (James 4:7) and I command him in the name of Christ to leave my presence.

I believe that apart from Jesus Christ I can do nothing (John 15:5), so I declare my dependence on Him.  I choose to abide in Christ in order to bear much fruit and glorify the Lord (John 15:8).  I announce to Satan that Jesus is my Lord (1 Corinthians 12:3) and I reject any counterfeit gifts or works of Satan in my life.

I believe that the truth will set me free (John 8:32) and that walking in the light is the only path of fellowship (1 John 1:7).  Therefore, I stand against Satan’s deception by taking every thought captive in obedience to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5).  I declare that the Bible is the only authoritative standard (2 Timothy 3:15-17).  I choose to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15).

I choose to present my body as an instrument of righteousness, a living and holy sacrifice, and I renew my mind by the living Word of God in order that I may prove that the will of God is good, acceptable and perfect (Romans 6:13, 12:1-2).

I ask my heavenly Father to fill me with His Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18), to lead me in all truth (John 16:13) and to empower my life so that I may live above sin and not carry out the desires of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).  I crucify the flesh (Galatians 5:24) and choose to walk by the Spirit.

I renounce all selfish goals and choose the ultimate goals of love (1Timothy 1:5).  I choose to obey the greatest commandment, to love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul and mind, and to love my neighbor as myself (Matthew 22:37-39).

No comments: