Monday, November 9, 2009

A Family Affair



Saw the following quote this morning and about died laughing.

If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.'    - Jeff Foxworthy

How true that is, although I suspect heading down to the local Wally World on a Sunday afternoon might yield the same observation.   Watching people go by has always been a favorite hobby of mine.  The variety in this world (or even in my small corner of it) is astounding.   More than a few of them really should not be out in public dressed the way they are.  Sometimes I wonder if they (and that doesn't count the teens who dress that way simply to get a reaction) actually own a mirror.

We (fellow believers) are part of a family as well.   Sometimes I consider how we might appear to non-believers, do they wonder what we are doing out in public claiming to be Christian?   I do know that of late many of my choices have been called into question by those that really don't understand.   When you are a follower of Jesus, you tend to take a different view of reality and (hopefully) make different choices.

I know that I have made some horrifically poor choices over the years and that the ones I am making now may look strange but will hopefully lead to healing and stability.   I am starting to be more careful how I dress before I head over to Wally World - or the state fair.

blessings on your day

No comments: