Friday, April 17, 2009

Hide-n-Seek


I have a tendency to hide when pain, stress or anxiety strike (as more than one of you, the casual reader, have pointed out). I have also learned that this does not work in the long term. Hiding from pain doesn't really make it go away - it just postpones "judgment day." At some point, the price still has to be paid and the pain has to be processed.

Slowly but surely I am learning to reach out rather than pull within. I hesitate, I back peddle but gradually I make progress. I am also learning that having good friends that you can lean on is critical to the healing process.

My advice to you today is to take a risk - reach out to someone you love and share your pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can run, but you can't hide; lol

the rest of the world is still here