Monday, March 9, 2009

That's Just The Way It Is


Listening to Phil Collins the morning (hence the title of the post) and pondering life. Had an interesting conversation with an acquaintance this last weekend regarding attitudes and choices. She was talking about a friend who had made some poor choices and declared "I just can't be friends with that person." I poked at the comment a bit and got a few details (it wasn't anyone I had known previously so I didn't have any strong opinions).

I walked away feeling a bit dissatisfied with the way the conversation had gone. Over the years I have made mistakes and poor choices that were of epic proportions. Some family/friends walked along side and helped me pick up the pieces - others passed judgment, turned their backs and walked away. In the process, I made a choice about the kind of friend that *I* would be and I have (as best I can) not wavered from that path.

What kind of friend are you?

blessings on your day

No comments: