Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Problem With Pain


I keep coming back to this topic so get used to seeing that title as I am sure that I will posting on it again :o)

The last week or so has been rough in a number of ways. We celebrated Nate's birthday this last weekend and we couldn't do as much as we wanted. March is always tough for us as that is when little league starts and we are very involved in that with Noah. As a result, Nate always seems to have to share his birthday weekend with RWLL Opening Day.

Some issues from my past that I have never dealt with adequately have been insisting on my attention so I have been distracted and a bit down lately as well. Any one that knows me well knows that I have a very difficult time processing pain. I can only handle it for so long before I have to stuff it back down inside (which is never healthy). The process of working through pain has eluded me so far in my life.

I stumbled over this quote on FaceBook yesterday and found it very relevant.

"On the other hand, finding peace in the midst of tumult, joy in the face of oppression and hope when the night seems darkest shows us that God is in His heaven and He also dwells in the heart of the humble, the contrite, the downtrodden, and the outcast. Now that is the nature of the God I need!"

blessings on your day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems to be a common thread this month; you might wnt to check this out http://webesheep.ning.com/profiles/blogs/spiritual-battle

I'm too technilogically challenged to insert a link; you'll have to copy/paste into your browser