Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fun With Food


Friday night in the 'hood seemed to center around food as entertainment. The first indication that something was awry came when I observed J-man stomp his feet and insist that Wayne-O cook his dinner. Now watching a child demand food is not that all unusual. What got my attention was the fact that the dinner in question was salmon on the grill. In all my (mumble-mumble) years, I have never heard a 1st grader beg for fish of ANY kind.

It wasn't long after that that things got odder still. As my lovely wife had gone out with Sue-Ann and Mel-Mel for dinner and the boy wanted grilled cheese, it was 7 p.m. and I had yet to procure sustenance. My wife asked me several times if I wanted her to run out for me but I gracefully declined her offer. About the 3rd time this happened, Miss Adrienne walked up with a burger from Sonic and asked if anyone wanted it. Seems she had a buy-1-get-1 coupon and used it even though they didn't need the extra burger - SCORE!

The event that capped off the night (and turned it into one for the record books), came about 30 minutes later. As we sat in the Jentgen driveway, a pizza delivery person drove up and - wait for it - delivered pizza (go figure). Not terribly uncommon for a Friday night but what came next shocked the entire neighborhood.

Ant disappeared into the house with the avowed intent of consuming pizza. BUT instead of staying inside to eat, HE BROUGHT HIS PIZZA OUTSIDE !!!!

All things considered, it may be a long time indeed before a night as bizarre as this one occurs again.

blessings on your day

No comments: