Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Struggles


It seems, oddly enough, that life rarely goes the direction you would like it to. While my health has often been marginal, I have always pushed through and kept going- until now at least. Being confined to a hospital room for 4 days has a way of refocusing you. You have lots of time to think about the great (and not so great) questions of life. I have had time to reflect and review some of my fondest memories and most horrific failures. The early morning hours are hard as I lay awake waiting for the nurse to bring the next round of meds.

Yet in it all, I know that God has a plan for me. I may never fully understand why I needed a week off from work and a month off from any strenuous activity but I know that it will work out to my good in some way.

My friend Jim stopped by yesterday and reminded my of Lincoln's song - "God is good, all the time and all the time, God is good." I choose to believe this today and every day.

blessings on your morning

No comments: