Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Odds & Ends


I was wandering through the archives this morning and thought maybe it was time to do a little updating. I changed the link to Andy's blog (my future son-in-law) to the one he actually writes on (thanks Andy :). Check out the Pondering Evangelist if you get a chance. He has some wonderful musings on the Word.

I am almost done with taxes this year. I think I am waiting on one more receipt to come in before I finalize them and file. The good news is we don't owe this year. The bad news is that the bulk of our refund is due from the state of California who is not issuing checks at the moment.

We still haven't figures out what we will do for our anniversary this year. It will be 10 years on June 12 - truly does not seem like it has been that long :) Next weekend we will head to SF and retrace the steps of our 1st date. Regardless of the weather, I expect we will have a great time.

I reconnected (a little) with some of the people I used to work with at TCS. I guess I have finally let go of the resentment I felt for the way the company handled things. In the end, it truly was a blessings to leave there. I am so much happier back doing database work than I was fumbling and flailing as a manager.

My cold seems to have passed but, as per usual, I will be dealing with the residual hacking cough for a while. Tough to work out at the gym in the morning when you are up half the night trying to rupture a lung :(

I am really enjoying the biography of J. Hudson Taylor as well as the selected writing of C.S. Lewis. Some days I get caught up in comparing myself to great men of God and feel woefully inadequate. Fortunately, He reminds me quickly not to play the comparison game.

blessings on your day

No comments: