Monday, September 15, 2008

Well Dressed


Sitting by the wave pool yesterday at the water park, it occurred to me that not everyone understands the concept of appropriate attire. During the course of the day, I observed may (many!) instances of people that need a clue (or a mirror).

I saw extremely pregnant women in string bikinis. I saw muffin-tops that boggled the mind (and caused visual distress). There were people who dyed their hair to make their swim suits. Tattoos were everywhere. Now as a rule, although it is unlikely that I will ever have a tat, I understand that they appeal to some people. The should be aesthetic standards applied to the choice and placement of tattoos (by law). Saw one lady who had the numbers 26.2 tattooed discreetly on her foot (obviously a marathon runner). I also saw a women who had a scorpion on one shoulder and a fairy with a flower on the other. They were not at the same level nor even centered on the shoulder. It makes you wonder if the tattoo artist had been drinking heavily that day. Either that or the woman asked the artist to "surprise me."

Watching people was more entertaining then the best water slide.

2 comments:

Ashley Michelle said...

I think people watching is quite amusing no matter where you are. That picture of the dog reminds me of a collar we used to have for our lab, Zoe. hehe.

The Wizard said...

LOL, yep my favorite past time