Friday, September 19, 2008

'Stang Update


Had a friend ask me today for an update on the mustang. I called the engine place and got a quote for $3,157 to drop in a used engine (substantially more for a new one). At this point, I am reluctant to put that much into the car even though there is a 1-year limited warranty on the engine (basically the "core" is warrantied, not the bits attached).

Called 5-Star back and asked Trey to check around to see if he could find a buyer for the mustang, 'as-is' with an estimated value of $1,200 - $1,500. Meanwhile, E has a friend who might be willing to make us a good deal on a 1992 Acura Legend.

Final analysis - the jury is still out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you will be getting another car. I hate to see that as I'm a Ford man, although I have never driven one! Good Luck! I do understand why you are getting another car.