Monday, July 21, 2008

Wiring Done


Saturday I spent all morning wiring a new television outlet in the master bedroom. We have SureWest and they use standard Ethernet rather than the classic cable. For a number of reasons, I decided it would be "a good idea" to pull a wire to our room. Last weekend I ran the physical wire from the junction box to the bedroom (spent quite a while i the attic trying to reach the wall to fish the wire only to give up and run it up over the roof to an exterior wall).

The whole reason for this project was to avoid paying the $200 that SureWest would have charged me. I estimate that I spent about $150 and 20 hours over the course of 3 weekends.

2 comments:

Ashley Michelle said...

Was it worth the $50 you saved.. or not saved considering what you'd be paid by the hour for your work. ;] We have a cable line running through the vent in our bedroom across the hallway ceiling to the "computer room." I understand these silly issues.

The Wizard said...

E would rather that I not run cables along the ceiling ;)