Friday, July 11, 2008

Passwords

< RANT-ON >
Do you have a favorite password (or 2)? I have several that I use whenever possible. Unfortunately, my PC at work is not one of those places. Our company requires a change every 90 days. Our DIVISION requires a change every 60 days!

So... every other month I have to change passwords. As if that wasn't bad enough, you are "required" to use a random, machine-generated password. The only upside to this is that they give you pages and pages of passwords to choose from so you can at least try to get one that is easier to remember. I usually try to find one that can be pronounced and is easy to type.

It takes me about 30-45 minutes to make the change as I have to change it in all the sub-systems as well (I am too lazy to remember s different password for each part of the system).

< /RANT >

1 comment:

LL said...

That sucks. We have a similiar system here where we have to change our passwords every 60 days and it must contain a combination of upper case & lower case letters, numbers, etc. At first I really had trouble with it, but now I use Scripture verses (Isa 6:8)or a topic (4Giveness). I then spend the 60 days praying, studying and reflecting on the password. It's turned out to be a really cool way to grow in the Word! :)