Monday, June 23, 2008

Who Is God? (pt 2)


For me (at least right now) God is my Rest and my Peace [Jehovah Shalom]. Finding rest and peace in this world can be extremely difficult (many days it seems impossible). Whenever I feel overwhelmed I (work hard to) find a corner somewhere and open His Word. I find enormous comfort in reading the Scriptures. God's love, promises and grace flow through the pages. I often focus on the Psalms of David. There was a man who was constantly either beset and hounded or in the pits of despair over his own sin and inadequacies.

Often, by reciting what God has done for me helps me to focus. Once I start to focus, I can pray - and prayer always leads (eventually) to resting in His Peace.

blessings on your day

_______________________________________________________________

Leviticus 26:6 "I will give you peace in the land, and you will be able to sleep with no cause for fear. I will rid the land of wild animals and keep your enemies out of your land. "

No comments: