Thursday, May 8, 2008

Real Faith (pt 3)


Sometimes I choose the picture to match what I type. Other times I choose what to type based on the picture : ) The trick for the reader is to figure out which is the case today.

Faith is believing no matter how you feel about it. I "believe in" my marriage even when things are not the best and I truly don't "feel like it." I believe in my marriage because of past experiences (things have always worked out), future promises (we promised never to give up) and my choice. My faith in God works the same way. I believe in Jesus and accept Him as Lord and Savior because of my past experiences with God; because of God's promises (He has kept every one) and my choice to follow Him.

Like the picture says, faith is a journey. My faith today is not the same as it was 10 years ago and (hopefully) will be much different from what it will be 10 years in the future. Some days I advance in my faith and relationship with God, other days I retreat. Regardless of the nature of "today," I choose God. In the same way; no matter how I feel, I choose my wife and my marriage.

blessings on your day

No comments: