Thursday, May 15, 2008

Listen To The Wind Blow


The verse of the day:

Ecclesiastes 11:5 Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother's womb, so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things.

As I read this on my screen this morning, I immediately thought of the 2 disasters that struck recently. A cyclone hit Myanmar last week and over 100,000 people perished. The earthquake in China on Monday could claim as may as 50,000 lives. None of these people had any warning and few indeed had any chance of escape.

We don't know what tomorrow will bring - a drunk driver, heart-attack/stroke or even just tripping and hitting your head. Few of us expect to die within the next 24 hours yet there is a good chance that of all the readers out there, someone will experience a tragedy in their circle of acquaintances within the next week.

What will you do if it is your friend - or worse yet, YOU? Are you ready to leave this world behind?

Luke 12:16-20 Then He [Jesus] told them a story: "A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. He said to himself, 'What should I do? I don't have room for all my crops.' Then he said, 'I know! I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. And I'll sit back and say to myself, "My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!"' "But God said to him, 'You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?'

Blessings on your day

No comments: