Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stoopid User Tricks


So I am, by avocation, a Database Administrator (DBA). I work with large computer systems and am responsible for making sure that the information people put into our application is there later. As part of my job, I occasionally delete information at the request of employees (passing on requests from the end-user). Last night I removed 883 items from our main system at the request of one of our senior programmers (who got the request from the user).

Turns out that they only wanted SOME of those items removed (guess there was a communication error, eh?) Now I get to spend the next 2 days recovering the data that they asked me to delete.

SIGH.....

1 comment:

LL said...

I said it before and I'll say it again ~ other people's stupidity gives the rest of us job security.