Thursday, April 17, 2008

More on Hedgehogs


Apparently, having a hedgehog as a pet is the newest "thing" in the UK Personally, this is right up there with a pet rock only way more expensive (almost $600 USD). Maybe Andy will bring me one when he comes across the pond ;)

I know that the cat would like it and I suspect that Riley-dog would as well. It might be that the spines would even keep it alive (they eat cat food, but not very much at a time). I had a cool pic of a little guy but blogger won't let me post pictures right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad, HEDGEHOGS SMELL!!! I don't know if you remember, but after my 7th grade year, I took the science class hedgehog home to take care of it over the summer. This thing stunk something aweful. We had it in my room and it was smelling up the house. One weekend I went to Mammoth with Doug and Bonnie and mom was away on the weekend too. She got back before me and put it (in its cage) out on the back patio in the shade. It got to be about 103 degrees and well...hedgehogs just can't take the heat. It died. I had to go back to school in the fall and tell my teacher that we killed Sonic (that was his name).

Anonymous said...

On the cute side of things...one morning in our meeting at The Oakes, Mez announce that she had a family of hedgehogs in their garden that morning. It was pretty exciting news. They are cute...even if you have to wear gloves to handle them and they are pretty smelly. Oh and illegal in California.

The Wizard said...

I had forgotten that :) Yes it was a sad day for hedgehog-dom