Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Slow Start


It has been a slow start to the week. E is back working evenings after 4 days off. The intensity of the weekend left me feeling burned-out. Last night I punted on dinner and tried Stouffer's chicken enchiladas. In case you are wondering, it wasn't worth the effort and money. Tonight it is chicken-rice casserole in the crock pot (I am all about easy right now).

The game Saturday was disappointing. We played them tough through 4 innings and collapsed n the 5th (resulted in a tie). I expect that tonight's practice will focus on fielding as we seemed to forget how to scoop a grounder.

We had a great speaker Sunday in church - Brennan Manning. It was my last week to serve so I get to sit in service with my family again next week. The kidlets are coming north next weekend as their step-bro is getting married up this way on Saturday. My best buddy came up Friday and stayed until Saturday afternoon. It was his birthday yesterday so we went out to dinner at the Paradise Grill Friday night. Was good to seem him. His mum is doing better after her surgery.

blessings on your day

2 comments:

LL said...

We had those enchiladas once... once.

The Wizard said...

Yes, once is enough. My dad never complained about what my mom cooked. On several occasions, however, he remarked that she didn't need to keep the recipe ;)