Friday, March 7, 2008

Entering the Compound

So as I arrived home last night it occurred to me that we might be expecting black helicopters circling the neighborhood soon. In the evening, the ever vigilante neighbors are out scrutinizing all the cars that go by. Periodically, barriers are erected to impede traffic. Pedestrians are interrogated. The children run in armed packs. Temporary barricades are erected (in practice perhaps?) blocking access to strategic assets.

I am sure that I have seen unmarked sedans with people holding binoculars parked at the end of the street lately. I will start checking the news before I leave work at night. I may also start carrying a change of clothes and important documents concealed in my car (in the event that relocation becomes an urgent priority). Be sure to stock up on non-perishable food and water as the utilities are controlled by "the man."

4 comments:

LL said...

You okay, bro? Sipping a little too much of that CA wine??

LOL

LL said...

In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

Psa 56:4

:)

The Wizard said...

8-) This is part of a running gag between myself and a good friend who works for the state. He is a Libertarian (well so am I, but more of a closet one).

The Wizard said...

BTW, "This blogs for you" Mr. CHiP [as well as all my Libertarian friends]