Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lemon-Pepper Chicken

So tonight was SE's night to cook. She made lemon-pepper chicken and rice pilaf :) It was very good. The chicken was something her mom makes. After dinner SE did all the dishes. It is fun watching your kids grow up. JM stopped by this morning and gave her mom flowers and chocolate for Valentine's day. After dinner I went in to the hospital to spend E's dinner break with her. It is basically the only way we get to sit down and talk anymore. She put in for a ".7" position as she is currently working a ".9" (meaning she works 9 days out of 14 and would like to work 7). She also put in for day shift but that might be a ways off.

With E at work, SE on a date and AR & NO in bed early, I have the house to myself. Somehow it feels like I should be doing something other than typing on the 'puter. For perhaps the 3 time in 4 years, I can sit down and watch CSI (our old care-group met on Thursdays); wouldn't you know it, I have seen this episode. Isn't that the way it always works?

Work was better today. The production system was more stable. However, it seemed that everyone in the company needed something from me today. I ended the day with more on my list than I started. Spent an hour or so today restoring data that a mere10 days ago someone (the same someone actually) asked me to delete. Also spent about 6 hours (well the computer did, I just checked up on it from time to time) transferring a file to our outsource team in India. It felt like I was back on a dial-up line.

Dad had a heart monitor the last few days and they returned it the doctor. Next Thursday they see the cardiologist to get the results. Mom has her cataract surgery 3/14 - please say a prayer for them both. My friend BH and his mom are getting on the boat tomorrow, I hope they have a marvelous time. He had to buy a tux as Holland America is a bit more rigid on their dress code.

Well time to go pack lunches, make coffee and put the dog out. Blessings to you all.

No comments: