Thursday, February 28, 2008

Big Business

In a lot of ways, working for a big company (more than 10K employees) is good. The benefits are better than average, there is more stability and there tends to be more opportunities for career advancement. The downside is that you are working for a big company and that means you have to work hard to get anything changed. In my case it is the benefits department that I am trying to get to change. When E picked up her medical benefits, we decided that we should drop mine (hers are $500/mo cheaper). Great idea! So I email the Benefits Service Center and ask how to do this. They reply that I need to fax proof of insurance to them. Seems easy enough, eh? Unfortunately, there is not a "person" that I am dealing with (all correspondence is sent to/from the "BSC"). To compound the problem, they keep losing the faxes I send. I packaged everything together one more time and sent it yet again this morning. I may have to get on an airplane, fly to Dayton hand hand deliver this :(

1 comment:

LL said...

LOL ~ the more people involved, the less you get done in a longer period of time.